- 6-Piece Sora basic block set includes one each: paring knife, utility knife, 8-inch chefs, combination honing steel, herb shears, 13 slot bamboo block
- Sora knives feature a VG10 cutting core with stainless steel on either side, created a san mai edge that provides stain resistance
- Blades have a mirror-polished Japanese 420J blade upper and a 16-degree cutting edge on either side
- Made with a traditional handle design in easy to care for textured TPE polymer
- Hand wash only; made in japan
The shun Sora 6-piece basic block set includes 1 each of the following knives that help you complete most tasks in your kitchen: 3.5-inch Paring knife, 6-inch utility knife, 8-inch chef’s knife, combination honing steel, herb shears and 13 slot bamboo block. Sora, in Japanese, means “sky”. Let your imagination take you-the sky’s the limit with what you can do with your shun Sora knives. Featuring our proprietary composite blade technology that brings together a VG10 cutting edge, clad with one layer of stainless steel on each side to create a san mai edge, with a mirror-polished Japanese 420J stainless steel upper. Boasting a razor-sharp 16-degree cutting angle on each side of the blade, Sora puts all the high-performance technology where it’s needed most: the cutting edge. Laser-Cut, 2-sections are fit together and braze welded to permanently join them. Blade shapes and handles are designed for traditional Japanese knives, while the beautiful wavy pattern on each blade is reminiscent of Japanese sword hamon lines. Each handle is made with a textured TPE polymer handle that provides balance and is easy to maintain. The texture of each handle provides a tacky surface when wet, making them superior to use around juicy fruits, vegetables and meat. A stunning shun knife at an incredible price point; you can afford to have one in every style.